Web Control Systems
Tension Control Systems
MJ Tension Sensor
Introducing a sensor that is robust enough to handle water when cleaning a production line.
The MJ tension sensor is the ideal high-performance tension sensor for producing sophisticated plastic films. It is essential for tension control of sophisticated plastic films used in leading-edge industries, including flat-screen TVs, rechargeable batteries, thin and light solar cells, and organic EL lighting, which is expected to become the next generation of lighting.
A tough tension sensor
The MJ tension sensor has an IP66-compliant, highly-durable protective housing.
We maximized robustness to enable tension to be stably detected even under the harshest conditions. The high-precision protective housing makes it difficult for water droplets and dust to penetrate, allowing the sensor to be washed with water without constraint when washing a production line.
- The high spring-steel rigidity of the MJ tension sensor provides a high resonance point, making it ideal for high-speed lines.
- The load displacement of the MJ tension sensor is extremely low, making it effective for thin web lines (i.e., film, foil, etc.).
- The stainless version has an IP66-compliant protective housing that can handle being splashed with water when cleaning a production line.
- The use of a mono-block structure provides outstanding linearity and hysterisis.
- The MJ sensor is compact but highly robust.
|*1||Rated tension (N)||50||200||500||1000|
|*1,4,5||Maximum roll load (N)||200||200||500||1000|
|Roll displacement (μm·N)||0.36||0.12||0.05||0.03|
|*2||Resonance frequency (Hz)||105.0||143.8||140.9||128.6|
|Frequency response (Hz)||300|
|*3||Main unit mass (kg)||0.9||1.7|
|Direction of resultant tension force||Forward or reverse|
|Mounting angle||Any desired angle|
|Supply voltage||±15VDC ±1V (+15V/50mA, -15V/10mA)|
|Ambient temperature/humidity||0 to +50°C, 35 to 85%RH (No condensation permitted)|
|IP Protection Rating||IP30|